Friday, July 13, 2007

baby or mule?


went in the tub for a good long time and got myself to 8 cm. yaay! that was about 9 pm. at 1 am, still I was at 8, after going through a gritty transition (used my hypno tape--thank you melody!)and trying for 4 hours to turn Ellen from sunnyside up. babies travel much better face down. sunnyside up=back labor=stuck=ouch. at 130 or so doc says it's not so great to have a stuck baby, and if we couldn't get her turned in 2 more hrs, we should talk c section. emotionally and physically exhausted, i made the decision at that point to request an epidural. i now have my wits about me and have been able to rest. this also has bought us a little more time. i love you all and am so grateful for your good wishes. just a couple of hours now!
this is me saying goodbye to my second nurse, Bern (not to be confused with Bernie), whose shift I also outlasted...

2 comments:

Melody said...

What a tough labor, when they're OP! Good decision, Katie -- time for resting and letting things move forward. You are doing great!!

Margie said...

You go girl. You know you've got us all addicted to your blog! It's jsut that picture of the tick!
Thinking about you - you're doing great. She'll be here any moment.
Love, Marg

First Bath

First Bath

Big Girl!

Big Girl!

Naptime with Caroline

Naptime with Caroline

I'm a Big Sister!

I'm a Big Sister!